This week may not have been made of mega-hits, but it was full of great songwriting and catchy earworms that you’ll be playing as staples for the remaining thaw of the winter and into spring. We’re here to introduce you to some of the best rising artists of 2019 in this week’s recap.
Week of 2/8 Highlights:
- H.E.R. covered Aretha Franklin’s “Think” in a modern, dancier version produced by Ryan Tedder. She performs next week for free on Valentine’s Day at Sony Hall. RSVP here
- Blake Rose, a rising pop artist from Australia, released a big melodic sophomore single in “Lost.”
- Buddy’s debut album, Harlan & Alondra is out everywhere, including new jam “It’s Love.”
- Khalid teamed up with Disclosure for a vibey collab “Talk.”
- Greyson Chance (yes, he’s now full-grown after the Lady Gaga days made him famous) released the relatably catchy “shut up.”
- Kaskade hit the ground running this week with “Love Me Like You Used To,” a bouncy deep cut.
Listen to the top songs of the week in the playlist below and follow TGINMF on your favorite streaming platform so you never miss our Friday roundup:
There were plenty of tunes this week that didn’t make the TGINMF list, but are still listen-worthy – You can find the rest of those finds in Early Bird’s NMF Consideration playlist.
Did you miss last week’s new music highlight? Fear not – scroll down for our 2/1 recap of highlights.
Week of 2/1 Highlights:
This week was filled with tunes that exuded the concept of cool. Not overly commercial, not cookie cutter, just innovative and well-written tracks with unique hooks and great drops that will immediately grab your attention. As we kick of February, this week’s playlist will make you forget all about the polar vortex as you get lost in your headphones while avoiding the cold.
- Deorro released what’s perhaps the coolest dance song of the year so far in “Wild Like The Wind.” The hook will make you tip your cap.
- Cage The Elephant released “Ready To Let Go” midweek and announced album #5 will drop in April.
- Grandson released rock’s first really-cool song of the year, “Apologize.”
- Galantis paired up with OneRepublic for a swedish folk-pop jam, “Bones,” that’s a total musical shift for the dance duo.
- Astrid S released the must-hear sing-in-your-car cry jam”Someone New,” written with Charli XCX. This one feels like her first single that could really take off among the US audience.
- Olivia O’Brien’s huge pop ballad “Love Myself” is our favorite song of the week.
Still want more? Check out the best new music from each week in 2018:
TGINMF – Best of 2018